TRSA 28th Annual Maintenance Management
August 9-11, 2021 • Hyattsville, MD
TRSA is committed to providing our members with the safest environment while attending in-person events. To learn more about event safety protocols, click here.
New for 2021!
- The 28th Annual MMI will be co-located with the 57th Executive Management Institute (EMI) and the 31st Annual Professional Management Institute (PMI) to increase networking and information-sharing opportunities.
- Event pricing is all inclusive, covering lodging, meals and all event activities.
Created by Your Peers and Industry Subject Matter Experts
The TRSA Annual Maintenance Management Institute offers engineers, plant and general managers, as well as others responsible for maintaining and operating linen, uniform and facility services laundry equipment the opportunity to refine their technical and management skills to optimize plant efficiency. MMI maximizes equipment life and reduces downtime by teaching plant systems and components, building technical skills, enhancing understanding of electronics and improving engineering management.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs
- Incorporates plant problem-solving in corporate culture
- Builds understanding of common equipment failures
- Identifies plant-wide and departmental improvements
Techniques to Increase Professionalism, Decrease Downtime
The TRSA Maintenance Management Institute (MMI) emphasizes the latest technologies and maintenance practices while minimizing time away from the plant and overall cost to attend. The program teaches a variety of techniques that empower laundry personnel to create more effective, efficient maintenance practices. Participation fosters their professional relationships with colleagues and the foremost engineering experts.
Solutions to Your Specific Problems
When attendees arrive at each MMI, they note issues or problems they face in their plants that the MMI class can discuss and advise on solving. Participants fill in forms that explain these challenges. The MMI Task Force of engineering experts reviews these submissions for presentation in the MMI troubleshooting panel discussion.
Who Should Attend
- Plant/Regional/Corporate Engineers
- Maintenance/Plant/General Managers
Previous participants have described their personal enrichment from MMI as follows:
- Makes me more aware of ways I can save my company money
- Allows me to become better organized
- Educates me enough to make an immediate positive change and difference
- More knowledgeable and realization of common problems
- Helps in managing people better and help correct problems and problem areas that we have in our plant
- Identifies many areas I can improve in our facility as well as share with my department
- Renewed vigor, cost savings, time savings
Thanks to the 2021 TRSA MMI Task Force for The Structure and Content of This Event:
Ian Bigelow, CEO, Simple Management Solutions LLC
Bob Corfield, CEO, Laundry Design Group LLC
Jim Curiale, Director of Engineering, Unitex
Peter Curiale, Senior Project Engineer, Unitex
Charles Edelman, Corporate Safety Director, Unitex
Paul Jewison, CEO, Textile Care Services
John Lamb, Field Engineer, Cintas Corporation
Chad Lange, Chief Engineer, Sohn Linen
Mark Lewis, Vertical Market Manager, Kemco Systems
Chip Malbouef, Vice President, Operations & Engineering, ImageFirst
Gerard O’Neill, President & CEO, American Laundry Systems
Dave Tannert, Director of Operations, Kannegiesser USA
Jason Fails, Maintenance Manager, Gunderson Uniform & Linen Rental
Kevin Stark, Engineer, Gunderson Uniform & Linen Rental
Justin Shamion, President, Colmac
Earn CPLM Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Individuals who have earned TRSA’s Certified Professional Laundry Manager (CPLM) credential may earn one Continuing Education (CE) credit towards recertification with participation in this event. For more information about TRSA’s CPLM credential, visit www.trsa.org/cplm
Written cancellations received by July 23, 2021 will receive a full refund minus a 25% processing fee. Cancellations received after July 23, 2021 will not be refunded and cannot be credited to another TRSA program or event. Refunds will not be granted for no-shows. Cancellations will be processed after the event.
Business casual attire for all sessions & plant tours.
Click here for presentations from past institutes.