Call for Presentations (CFP)
Share your industry expertise and experience by making a presentation at one or more of TRSA’s professional development events!
TRSA’s events provide high-quality education and networking opportunities for commercial laundry professionals. Education sessions and webinars focus on current and emerging issues, best practices, and the complex challenges facing our industry. If you’ve got a great idea, best practice or case study that you’d like to share with your peers, then we encourage you to submit a proposal to TRSA’s Call for Presentations!
Opportunities to present in 2016-2017
- Annual Conference
- Annual Safety Summit
- Healthcare Conference
- Monthly Webinars
- Production Summit (two opportunities)
See Full Event Details and Dates
Benefits of Presenting at a TRSA Event
- Get in front of an elite and influential audience
- Gain experience and visibility
- Build your network by personally interacting with industry colleagues
- Establish your own professional credibility and leadership
- Challenge yourself and give back to the industry by sharing your insights and expertise!
General Proposal Submission Guidelines
- You must be a member of TRSA to submit a proposal.
- To be considered as a speaker, your program must be educational in nature - that is, sales presentations will not be accepted. Presentations that are clearly intended as a “sales pitch” for your product or service will not be considered.
- Complete the CFP form in its entirety. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Individuals may submit a maximum of two presentations per event.
- If selected to present at a TRSA event, speaker agrees to submit presentation materials (slides, etc.) to TRSA staff for review and approval 30 days prior to the event.
- Generally, TRSA does not pay per diem, honoraria, or expenses for speakers.
Speed Session (30 minutes)
Concentrated sessions designed for practical applicability.
Traditional Presentation (60 minutes)
Focus on a single topic or program, typically including a talk or presentation followed by a short discussion with Q&A.
Panel Discussion (60 – 90 minutes)
Panels must include a moderator and a minimum of three panelists representing different organizations, ideas, or experiences.
Hands-on Presentation/Workshop (90 minutes)
Hands-on sessions provide participants with an opportunity to engage in teaching activities and interactive discussions about a particular topic.
Webinar (60 minutes)
Generally, TRSA’s webinars are 45-50 minutes of a talk or presentation, followed by 10-15 minutes of questions from the audience.
Using the criteria listed below, a team of industry reviewers evaluates and rates all proposal submissions (submitter name, speaker name and company will remain anonymous). The strongest proposals address these points in their submissions, providing enough detail for reviewers to fully understand what the presentation will entail.
- At least THREE learning outcomes/take-aways are included in the proposal
- Proposal clearly identifies what will occur during the presentation in the format and time allotted
- Proposal uses case studies, actual applications, and/or field data to demonstrate best practices and outcomes of ideas suggested in presentation
- Speakers’ expertise and experience in the commercial laundry industry
- Timeliness of the topic and relevance to the industry
Speaker Registration and Travel Expenses
For all TRSA Summits and the TRSA Healthcare Conference, Operator Members receive a complimentary registration to attend the event and Associate Members are required to pay the registration fee in full. For TRSA’s Annual Conference, Operator Members receive a 25% discount on the registration fee and Associate Members are required to pay in full. Generally, TRSA does not pay per diem, honoraria, or expenses for speakers.
How to Submit a Presentation Proposal
Proposal forms should be emailed to CFP@trsa.org You must use TRSA’s proposal form to submit your information. All submitters will be notified of their final selection status via email within 4 weeks of submitting.
Proposals submitted without the proper form will not be considered. Download the proposal form here.
Email us at CFP@trsa.org or call 703.519.0029 x 116