A recent example is Precautions for Protection: Handling Soiled Healthcare Textiles, a DVD offering universal precautions or proper processes and procedures to avoid contamination in healthcare laundries. This presentation applies to anyone who comes into contact with soiled linens. The committee is also considering developing resources for handling soiled linen in healthcare facilities (hospitals), carrying such linen and training maintenance crews/vendors.
Materials used in creating a new video documenting the Healthcare Industries best practices for handling soiled healthcare linen.
A subcommittee plans to update the Healthcare Services Operations Manual. It explains the practices, procedures, and requirements of the healthcare market to enable textile services firms to effectively satisfy such customers’ needs. The manual covers practices such as linen and apparel items that require unique processing, deliveries necessitating special carts and trucks, and linen loss control and billing procedures that differ from those of traditional linen supply.
The committee provides healthcare laundry marketplace intelligence for the continuing development of this programs. Guidance is provided on determining standards for preventing laundered textiles from becoming a bacteria source based on launderers’ best management practices.
- Rick Kislia (Chair), Crescent Laundry, Davenport, IA
- Randy Bartsch, Ecotex Healthcare Linen Service, Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Angela Becker, Ecolab Textile Care Div., Eagan, MN
- Jeff Bloom, Beck’s Classic, Brentwood, NY
- Scott Delin, Fashion Seal Brand of Superior Uniform Group, Seminole, FL
- Bruce R. Feldman, Economy Linen & Towel Service, Dayton, OH
- Patrick Garcia, Division Laundry & Cleaners, Inc., San Antonio, TX
- Norbert Gittard, Jensen USA, Inc., Panama City, FL
- Jack Heaviside, Sunburst Chemicals, Inc., Florissant, MO
- Tim Higdon, Faultless Laundry, Merriam, KS
- Cecil Lee, Standard Textile, Cincinnati, OH
- Jeff Markman, Positek RFID, L.P., Norristown, PA
- JB Marquette, Venus Group, Sarasota, FL
- Tim Montague, Foussard Montague Associate Inc., Denver, CO
- Keith Nichols, Hand Craft Services Inc, Richmond, VA
- Michael Potack, Unitex Textile Rental Services, Mount Vernon, NY
- Josh Ramirez, Medico Professional LS, Long Beach, CA
- Judy Reino, Reino Linen Service, Gibsonburg, OH
- Liz Remillong, Crothall Laundry Services, Phoenix, AZ
- Daniel Sanchez, Medline Industries Inc., Mundelein, IL
- John Savage, Cintas Corporation, Mason, OH
- Ron Seaman, Florida Linen Services LLC, Pompano Beach, FL
- Richard Smith, Century Linen & Uniform, Gloversville, NY
- Steven Tinker, Gurtler Industries Inc., South Holland, IL
- Ken Tyler, Encompass Group, Chicago, IL
- Bryan Warner, Diamond Chemical Co. Inc., South Holland, IL
- John Wintz, Standard Textile Co. Inc., Cincinnati, OH
- Jacob Zahler, Clean Tex Services, Linden, NJ
877-770-9274 or 703-519-0029, ext. 111