To provide an executive forum to promote the exchange of knowledge, to serve as a resource for best practices, and to ensure the textile rental industry is recognized as a great place to work.
Textile Services Magazine Contributions
- “Executive Insights: Would You Use Surveillance to Determine Whether an Employee was Misusing Family Medical and Leave Act (FMLA) Leave?” – May 2018- Committee Chair Sean Hearn, Mission Linen Supply, and committee members Audrey Russell, Wildman Uniform & Linen and Kelly Saliba, Economy Linen and Towel Services Inc.
- “Welcome Aboard! Staff-Turnover Reduction Primer”- January 2018 issue- HR Committee Chair Sean Hearn, Mission Linen Supply and Committee member Brenda Stauffer, Balfurd Healthcare & Linen Rentals
- “Hiring Help: TRSA HR Chairman Weighs In”- June 2017 -HR Committee Chair Sean Hearn, Mission Linen Supply
- “Second Chances for Ex-Cons; Opportunities for Employers” – 2016 issue – HR Committee Chair Kelly Saliba of Economy Linen and Vickie Roby of Miler’s Textile Services contributed
- “Executive Insights: What did you learn about retaining hourly employees from TRSA’s webinar?” – September 2015 – Four HR Committee representatives
- “Recruit the Right Way, Reap the Benefits” – April 2015 – Lee Anh Mai, Service Linen Supply.
HR Sponsored Webinars
- “Screening and Hiring- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure” presented October 10, 2018
- “Employee Medical Leave Laws” presented June 27, 2018
- “Sexual Harassment- An Old Problem Under a New Spotlight” presented January 10, 2018
- “Anatomy of an HR Lawsuit” presented September 6, 2017
- “How to Attract, Hire & Keep the Best” presented March 9, 2017
- “How to Successfully Conduct a Performance Review” presented April 20, 2016
- “A Simple Guide to Effectively Manage Your Time & Increase Productivity” presented March 2, 2016
- “Wellness is Working” presented September 30, 2015.
- “Hourly Employee Retention Strategies, Finding and Keeping Good People” presented April 22, 2015
Human Resources Practices
As a result of member requests for employee training resources and sample written dress code policies, a TRSA Training Resource Library of books, Professional Development Apps, a Corporate Training Case Study, and Dress Code Guidelines were compiled.
Click here to view Human Resources Practices.
Textile Service Career Center
In 2016, Committee members shared information on company cell-phone policies, recommended Payroll and HRIS companies, the use of Personality Assessments for hiring, the impact of legalization of Marijuana on HR Policy, and POT policies. In addition, they provided feedback suggested job category titles for the online Textile Service Career Center.
Surveys and Benchmarking
The committee has conducted surveys on the following topics:
- 2018 Survey on Drug Testing Policies, Procedures and Legislative Impact
- Production Turnover Rate
- Employee Screening Tactics
- Employee Absenteeism & Company Attendance Policies
- Route Driver Compensation Methods
- T&E and Gift Policies
- HR Staffing Structures
- Voluntary Terminations
- Profit Sharing Structures
The committee is also responsible for conducting the Annual Employee Compensation & Benefits Survey and distribution of the final report
The committee conducted two surveys through Survey Monkey , Production Turnover Rates Survey created May 27, 2015 and Employment Screening Tactics Survey created August 21, 2015. The committee is responsible for conducting survey and distributing the Annual Compensation and Benefits Report.
Charity MacDowell, Regional H.R. Director for the East Central Group of Cintas presented a session on “Employee Relations” at TRSA Production Summit in Pittsburgh, October 14-15, 2015.
Brenda Stauffer, Director of Human Resources for Balfurd Healthcare & Linen Rentals, presented a session on “Five Considerations for Improving Employee Retention” at the Clean Show 2017, Las Vegas, NV
The committee had input in planning and execution of the 1st Annual Workforce Management Summit 2017, Chicago, IL
- Sean Hearn (Chair), Mission Linen Supply, Santa Barbara, CA
- Carmen Berrelleza, Prudential Overall Supply, Irvine, CA
- Pauline Castillo, AmeriPride Services Inc., Phoenix, AZ
- Catalina Dongo, UniFirst Corporation, Wilmington, MA
- Sharon Engle, Paris Companies, Dubois, PA
- Theresa Faulkner, Roscoe Company, Chicago, IL
- Hilda Fuentes-Highsmith, Cintas Corporation, Mason, OH
- Rosemary Gelinas, General Linen Service Company, Inc., Somersworth, NH
- Karen Griffiths, Loop Linen Service Inc. Westwego, LA
- Jen Janiak, Huebsch Services, Eau Claire, WI
- LeAnh Mai, Service Linen Supply Inc., Renton, WA
- Tina Marrero, Mickey’s Linen, Chicago, IL
- JonPaul McFarand, Alsco, Salt Lake City, UT
- Mary Onifer, Reino Linen Service Inc., Brownstown, MI
- Jamee Rivers, ImageFirst, King of Prussia, PA
- Vickie Roby, Miller’s Textile Services Inc., Wapakoneta, OH
- Katie Rowland, Plymate, Shelbyville, IN
- Andrey Russell, Wildman Uniform & Linen, Warsaw, IN
- Kelly Saliba, Economy Linen & Towel Service Inc., Zanesville, OH
- Alden L. Senior, Morgan Services Inc., Chicago, IL
- Brenda Stauffer, Balfurd Healthcare & Linen Rentals, Tipton, PA
- Cathy Warrin, Nixon Uniform Service and Medical Wear, New Castle, DE
703.519.0029, ext. 103