The Industrial/Uniform committee recommends improvement in TRSA advocacy, professional development, information-sharing, research and certification programs to meet business needs specific to uniform and facility services operations. Engage more industrial/uniform members in TRSA activities and attract more of these specialists to TRSA membership. Guide TRSA in increasing our industry’s penetration of industrial markets.
Topics planned for upcoming webinars cover subjects particularly important to processing and delivering uniforms, mats and dust control and facility services products. These subjects may include stockroom management, mobile devices, customer billing methods and uniform types in increasing demand such as flame-resistant and enhanced- and high-visibility.Specific angles on generic subjects such as customer account profitability may be pursued.
Professional Development Events
The committee recommends subject material for future TRSA events that appeals to operators in the industrial/uniform segment. Agenda planners are urged to consider adding breakout sessions for this purpose. Associate members who provide systems for processing and delivering industrial products are encouraged to present. The committee may also recommend TRSA conduct events with presentations and plant tours completely focused on the industrial/uniform sector.
Hygienically Clean Food Safety Certification
Activities for and membershp composition of a users group and advisory board for this certification are contemplated. Hygienically Clean Food Safety valildates laundries’ service to food manufacturers and processors. It verifies their processes (best management practices) through plant inspection and quantifies the outcome of cleanliness through microbial testing of laundered products.
- Tom Abbett (Co-Chair), Positek RFID, Norristown, PA
- Gerard van de Donk (Co-Chair), ABS Laundry Business Solutions, Boxtel, Netherlands
- Pauline Hayes, Doritex Corp., Alden, NY
- Milton M. Magnus, M&B Hangers, Leeds, AL
- Luca Redaelli, Alsco Inc., Salt Lake City, UT
- Tom Schrishuhn, Alsco Inc. Milwaukee Industrial, Wauwatosa, WI
- Michael Shulevitz, Cadillac Uniform & Linen Supply, Bayamon, PR
- Steve Stoy, Morgan Services, Wood Dale, IL
- Jim Vaudreuil, Huebsch Services, Eau Claire, WI
877-770-9274 or 703-519-0029, ext. 109