Ecolab Exec Makes Top 100 CEO List

Posted November 4, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Doug Baker of TRSA associate member Ecolab Inc., St. Paul, MN, has been ranked 41st on a new list of Top 100 CEO rankings by the Harvard Business Review, according to news reports.

Baker began his career with Ecolab in 1989 and has held key roles in marketing, sales and management in the U.S. and Europe.  In July 2004, he was named president and CEO and in May 2006, he added chairman of the board to his duties. Previously he spent seven years in brand management at Procter & Gamble.

Baker moved up from the 98th position on last year’s list. The Top 100 listings are based on the effectiveness of CEOs of S&P Global 1200 Companies across the length of their tenures. Criteria include financial performance going back as far as 1995. The metrics include country-adjusted total shareholder return, industry-adjusted total shareholder return and changes in market capitalization. These measures accounted for 80% of the ranking. The remaining 20% reflects environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues. ESG data was obtained from CSRHub and SustainAnalytics ratings, which aggregate such information.

This year’s list included 33 new CEOs. Click here for details. Ranked No. 1 on the list was Lars Rebien Sǿrensen of Novo Nordisk, a Danish pharmaceutical company.

Also represented in the Top 100 from TRSA members was Eric Wiseman, president and CEO of VF Corp., Nashville, TN, who was ranked 68th (tied with Germán Larrea Mota-Velasco, Grupo Mexico).

124