Global Textile Services Organization Created
International association executives form information-sharing alliance
TRSA, European Associations Create International Textile Services Alliance
TRSA is among the partners in the new International Textile Services Alliance (ITSA), a global community of executives from national and regional business-to-business textile service associations that will:
- Create a cooperative international business-to-business textile services community to share and compile studies, research, best practices and market figures.
- Identify common issues, challenges and research projects to minimize redundancies and maximize resources.
ITSA is founded by TRSA and the European Textile Services Association (ETSA) with Industrieverband Textil Service e.V. (intex, Germany) and the Federatie van de Belgische Textielverzorging/Féderation Belge du Textile (FBT, Belgium). The new organization will be launched in May at the Texcare International trade show in Frankfurt, Germany.
Membership in ITSA is open to business-to-business textile service associations and limited to one representative from each country. The organization will be managed by a Steering Committee of representatives from several founders including:
- Robert Long, Secretary-General, ETSA
- Joseph Ricci, President & CEO, TRSA
- Maarten Van Severen, Committee President, FBT
- Klaus Jahn, Managing Director, intex
Besides these associations, inaugural ITSA members include:
- Australia – TRLAA– Textile Rental and Laundry Association Australia Ltd.
- Denmark: BVT – Brancheforeningen for Vask og Tekstiludlejning
- Finland: Tekstiilihuoltoliitto Ry
- France: GEIST – Groupement des Entreprises Industrielles de Services Textiles
- Italy: ASSOSISTEMA – Associazione Sistema Industriale Integrato Servizi Tessili e Medici Affini
- Norway: NRV – Norwegian Dry Cleaning & Laundry Association
- Sweden: ST – Sveriges Tvätteriförbund
- Switzerland: VTS – Verband Textilpflege Schweiz
- UK: TSA – Textile Services Association
ITSA will meet annually to address issues and trends impacting the international textile services community. These meetings will be hosted by the “local” association coinciding with leading international conferences including Texcare International, Expo Detergo International (Italy) and the Clean Show (USA).