Lack of FR Clothing Cited in Fatal Blast

Posted September 30, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Static electricity sparked a fatal flash fire at a natural gas processing site in western Wyoming, according to local media reports. Three employees were injured, and one was killed in the incident. Some of the men were not wearing fire-retardant clothing, according to an OSHA spokesperson quoted in the article.

The fire took place on the LaBarge Highway about 30 miles north of Green River. The site is owned by EOG Resources of Houston. It includes two storage tanks and a well, and was being cleaned at the time of the incident. The cleaning appears to have triggered the fire. The investigation into the accident is ongoing.

For more details, click here.