Next-Gen Execs Hold Workshop, Networking Event in Chicago
TRSA’s Next-Generation Executives recently gathered in Chicago for a full day of industry education and networking. The morning kicked off with a presentation titled “TRSA Next Generation: Forging a Path to Excellent Family Business HR” and wrapped up with a trip to Wrigley Field for an afternoon Cubs’ game.
The day began with an interactive workshop moderated by Amy Schuman of The Family Business Consulting Group, a firm based in Chicago. Schuman showcased case studies of family-owned businesses that have model human-resources operations in place. She contrasted that with businesses that are struggling in this area, and noted ways that they could improve. Schuman highlighted the advantages of family-owned businesses, as well as ways that companies can improve the evaluation process, identifying successors, company values, culture, recruiting and more.
Following the morning workshop, the group boarded the L train toward Wrigley Field to attend the Cubs 1 p.m. game against the Cincinnati Reds. The group saw the home team beat their division rivals by a final score of 5-2. Attendees of the Young/Next-Generation Executives event included:
- Jeff Borst, White Knight Engineered Products
- Peter Brown, Mickey’s Linen
- Julia Buik, Roscoe Co.
- John Clark, Prudential Overall Supply
- Shawn Cleary, Haylor, Freyer & Coon Inc.
- John Dobrez, Spindle
- Bob Fesmire, Ellis Corp.
- Josh Frankeburger, Automation Dynamics LLC
- Jake Gurtler, Gurtler Industries Inc.
- Justin Herald, ARCO/Murray
- Tony Jackson, Kannegiesser ETECH
- Mack Magnus, M&B Hangers
- Farley Salmon, Sigmatex-Lanier Textiles
- Tony Schult, Kannegiesser ETECH
- Dan Schwartz, Superior Group of Cos.
- Alden Senior, Morgan Services Inc.
The event kicked off the previous evening with a networking dinner with TRSA’s Strategic Planning Committee. To read more about TRSA’s Strategic Planning meeting in Chicago, click here.
The TRSA Young/Next-Generation Executives meeting in Chicago is underway with a workshop on human resources in family businesses. The group will network at a Cubs’ game later today. pic.twitter.com/njvLXer4aq
— TRSA (@trsa) July 17, 2019