Survey: Associate Members Strongly Back TRSA
A recent Associate Member Needs Assessment Survey confirmed strong support for TRSA, with respondents emphasizing their focus on branding opportunities, advocacy and networking as key reasons for their membership in the association.
“The Associate Executive Committee undertook this study to provide us with feedback about TRSA programs and services and how we can better serve our associate members,” said TRSA President and CEO Joseph Ricci. “We look forward to analyzing these results and fine-tuning our programs to enhance their value to associates.”
The Needs Assessment drew nearly a 30% response rate from associate member executives completing the survey, which asked a series of questions aimed at refining TRSA’s understanding of associate member needs and expectations.
The study drew responses from TRSA’s diverse range of associate member companies, representing a broad mix of size, revenues and product/service categories, including equipment manufacturers, materials handling, linens, uniforms, chemical, consultants and more.
A summary of key findings from the study include:
- When asked to rank various association priorities on a scale of 1-7 (seven is highest), the highest scores went to “Advocating to promote and protect the textile services industry” and “Promoting company brand.” The next-highest ranked priority for respondents was “Demonstrate support of the textile services industry.” Two other strong areas of interest among respondents was “Driving new business development and growth” and “Serving as the primary resource for textile services industry news, trends and information.”
- When asked “On a scale of 1-10 how likely are you to recommend TRSA membership to a colleague,” TRSA earned a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 54. The NPS is calculated by subtracting the percentage of “Detractors” (scored 6 or below) from the percentage of “Promoters” (scored 9 or 10). Seventy-eight percent of the survey respondents gave TRSA either an 8, 9 or 10 on this question.
- Regarding TRSA events, respondents were asked “Which of these TRSA events have you personally attended, participated in or accessed during the past 18 months. Check all that apply.” Based on this survey, the most popular event for associate members was the Clean Show at 90.91%. Next was the Annual Conference at 70%. Third was a “Committee or Task Force Meeting/Teleconference” at 60%; and fourth was the Leadership & Legislative Conference at 54%.
- When asked “Has anyone else from your organization attended one of these events in the past 18 months,” 94% of respondents said that they had, showing a significant depth of support for the association and its activities.
- When asked on a scale of 1-7 whether or not they agree with a particular statement, 63% of the respondents gave a “6” or “7” (completely agree) to the statement that “No other organization provides the broad scope of resources and professional development available through TRSA.”
- Another 51% of associate members gave a 6 or 7 to the statement that “TRSA should be the association that unifies all textile services organizations.” Another 21% of respondents gave it a 5.