Education and Training
UPDATED 1:34 PM EST 5/19/2020
Restart…a Return to Business
As the curve begins to flatten, and the world moves for a “reactive” to a “recovery” state of mind, organizations need to look at what’s next. This session examines several areas for consideration both operational and strategically for the next phase of business recovery – the Restart.
The session will examine the key areas for Restart:
- Staffing – When, How Many, How soon
- Inventory and Merchandise
- Financial Impacts
Coronavirus/COVID-19: Communication Tools for Your Customers, Employees and Leadership Team
This live webinar (originally shown March 11, 2020 12:00 PM EST) will discuss what’s known about how the virus spreads and suggest what to say to the most important stakeholders in your business about its strategies for contending with the disease. Perspectives from an epidemiologist, industry human resources professional and TRSA.
View Now | Webinar Slides
Precautions for Protection: Handling Soiled Healthcare Linen
Provides route associates, soil sorters, loaders and other affected personnel with step-by-step process of properly applying Universal Precautions to prevent the spread of infections through safe handling of healthcare textiles throughout handing/transporting/processing/delivery.
View Now (English) | View Now (Spanish)
Reduce Anxiety by Addressing Workplace Needs and Building Meaningful Connection
We are now in the midst of a pandemic, and the impact of the coronavirus is increasingly being felt across the United States and the rest of the world. During this time, employees are under a tremendous amount of stress, both personally and professionally. For some, this stress is a result of the need to social distance, which can make people feel isolated and alone. For many in the laundry services industry, anxiety surrounding COVID-19 is a result continuing to venture into the workplace in order to carry out essential business. Regardless of the source, it is important to address your employee’s anxieties and ensure they feel supported and safe in the workplace during this period of uncertainty.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn the most common workplace needs and how they show up in our behavior
- How to support employees to identify and discuss underlying needs
- Reduce anxiety in employees/team members by fulfilling workplace needs in ways you are most comfortable, and help them fulfill their own needs
FMLA Act Update and Employee Communications: Keeping Team Members Connected and Thriving
During this complicated time, it is important for leadership to keep team members connected through communication. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how our businesses operate and HR professionals are still developing best practices to keep businesses operating while maintaining a safe and healthy environment. This webinar, created in part by TRSA’s HR Committee, will address your coronavirus concerns. Also joining our HR committee on this session are two lawyers from Fisher & Phillips LLP who will provide an update on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and offer legal advice to help you get through this complicated time.
Areas covered in this session:
- If someone in your organization is diagnosed with COVID-19, what are your next steps?
- How are companies generally keeping those laid off, engaged and connected?
- Best practices for communication during periods of uncertainty
- What PTO and vacation policies will look like after COVID-19
- Implementing safety screenings (such as temperature checks) and social distancing plans in plants
Navigating Insurance and Claims During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As companies navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, they should take stock of existing insurance policies that may provide coverage for current loss of business. While this pandemic and the government response is unprecedented, your business may encounter several issues giving rise to a claim under one or more types of insurance policies. It is important to know where your business stands when navigating insurance during this period of change and uncertainty.
In this webinar, you will learn how to take steps to protect your business through:
- Protecting Workers
- Business Continuity Planning
- Filing a Business Interruption Claim
- Federal Emergency Paid Sick Leave
- Federal Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
North America: Economic Implications of COVID-19 and Demand Sector Outlooks
Join Global Economist Cailin Birch and EIU Consultant Vaibhav Sahgal as they discuss economic implications of COVID-19. As uncertainty about COVID-19 persists, financial markets around the world have staggered and there are signs that the true impact of the virus is moving from the financial markets to the global economy. Attendees will learn important information they can use in the coming months to help in their recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
The presentation will include the following:
- Global and country-level COVID-19 macroeconomic implications/pain-points, and broad demand sector outlook for North American countries in scope (US and Canada; focus on demand sectors: construction; energy, oil and gas; healthcare; hotels; and manufacturing).
- Qualitative insights linking linen supply and uniform rentals to the macroeconomic and demand sector outlook for North America.
- Facilitated Q&A will follow the live presentation for attendees to submit your questions.