Similar to the TRSA Lifetime Achievement Award for operators, candidates for the Maglin/Biggie TRSA Lifetime Achievement Award for Associates is for TRSA Associate members who have served TRSA in ways that have improved the association and industry. Any TRSA member (Operator or Associate) may nominate.
Recent Award Winners
The TRSA Lifetime Achievement Award for Associates is named for the late Rudolph A. “Rudy” Maglin, the chemical supplier who received the first such accolade in 2000; and James Biggie, the Coyne Textile Services executive who joined The Penn Companies for whom the Uniform and Textile Service Association (now blended with TRSA) named its supplier award. Rudy completed his career with Dober Group, the predecessor of Spindle. Recent past recipients of this honor are:
- 2018 David Hart, M+A Matting, La Grange, GA
- 2017 Jim Pellerin, Pellerin Milnor Corp., Kenner, LA
- 2016 Ralph Howard, Kleen-Tex Industries Inc., Atlanta, GA
- 2015 Blaine Jackson, Kannegiesser USA, Grand Prairie, TX
- 2014 John Schultz, Ellis Corp., Itasca, IL
- 2013 Mike Carter, Century Place/Paragon, Charlotte, NC
- 2012 Jeff Frushtick, Leonard Automatics Inc., Denver, NC
- 2011 Mark Brim, Brim Laundry Machinery, Dallas, TX
TRSA Operator and Associate members may nominate individuals they feel are deserving of the Maglin/Biggie TRSA Associate Lifetime Achievement Award for Associates. Applications, in the form of a nomination, must include a detailed description of the nominee’s contributions to the industry and be submitted through the official nomination form. Self nominations are not accepted.
Once the nomination period has closed, the TRSA Associate Members Executive Committee will review all nominations and select one or more individual to receive the Maglin/Biggie TRSA Lifetime Achievement for Associates award based on the criteria below.
A nominee should have served the Association and Industry without regard to the improvement of the Associate Member’s own company in ways such as (but not limited to):
- Participating on TRSA committees
- Serving on the Associate Executive Committee
- Serving on the TRSA Board of Directors
- Providing articles to Textile Services Magazine
- Presenting at TRSA conferences or other meetings
- Teaching at TRSA Institutes such as MMI, PMI, and EMI
- Assisting in the writing of TRSA manuals and handbooks
- Working with TRSA members to improve their processes to the betterment of their companies
Submit a Nomination for the Maglin/Biggie TRSA Lifetime Achievement Award for Associates by May 31, 2019. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.