The TRSA Diversity Recognition Award honors Operators and Associates (companies or individuals) who value the “unlikeness” of individuals and encourage or facilitate such variation in human qualities in their workforces.
Entries worthy of recognition include efforts that represent a step forward in attracting or acknowledging diverse talent, improving intergroup interaction in a multi-cultural workforce, or otherwise promoting and fostering inclusivity to support employees in any group.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for nominations for this award is Jan. 15, 2020.
Typical Diversity Award-Winning Efforts
Successful diversity efforts can provide individuals with a more defined career path, increase their commitment and encourage future generations of diverse individuals to pursue a career in the industry. Building awareness of individual differences also can enhance how people work together, improving productivity.
Nominations should describe results of initiatives and programs that encourage diversity.
- Celebration of representation of diverse groups in the workforce
- English as second-language instruction
- Fostering respect of groups in the minority in the workforce
- Hiring refugees and special-needs individuals
- Knowledge- and skill-building for specific groups
- Respectful work scheduling (holidays, flex time)
- Training to increase diversity awareness and attitude