Mobile Devices: Latest Tech for Route Service Reps
TRSA’s monthly webinar series continued with a presentation on the latest technologies for route service representatives (RSRs). The webinar, titled “Mobile Device Functionality for Route Service Representatives,” was presented by TRSA’s Industrial/Uniform Committee.
Garret Snater, sales manager, USA, for ABS Laundry Business Solutions, hosted the hour-long presentation. Snater has 15 years’ experience working within the industrial and cleanroom laundry sector.
Snater walked attendees through the various technologies available in the market, including ultra-high frequency (UHF) and scanning capabilities, before moving along to the advantages for customers. These include:
- Savings on labor with no re-entry of data required.
- Route sales managers don’t need to carry manually maintained documents to manage daily needs.
- Fewer corrections and adjustments needed to your daily invoices.
- No misinterpretations of handwritten notes.
- Improved revenue per mile (optimization of routes).
- Improved loss charge revenue with customer acceptance.
- Customer complaints and/or calls are professionally handled.
- Customer recognition for innovation and new capabilities.
Snater closed by noting the increased dependence on mobile devices on routes. “Mobile devices have been used for roughly 12 years, but the features and functionality of these devices continue to be increasingly innovative and more functionally connected to everything we deal with on a day-to-day basis,” Snater said.
TRSA has an on-demand learning library that will allow you to “live stream” all of the association’s webinars, including this latest edition. TRSA members can purchase webinars, and other training and educational resources at a reduced member price. Visit www.trsa.org/ondemand to go to TRSA’s On-Demand Learning portal to view this webinar and more.
TRSA has an exciting lineup of educational webinars in the works for the remainder of 2018. The next webinar is titled “Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points,” and will be held on March 14 from 2-3 p.m. EST. Click here to register for the webinar. Thanks to Monarch Brands, Philadelphia, for its support of TRSA’s webinars.