National Associations Share Intel on Continuing COVID Calls
The European Textile Services Association (ETSA) recently hosted its 14th teleconference on COVID-19 with an audience of global linen, uniform and facility services association executives. The most recent call was hosted on June 11, and included Joseph Ricci, the president and CEO of TRSA.
An overview of the key topics shared on the call include the following:
- A position paper on the call for recovery measures for the linen, uniform and facility services industry has been finalized and sent to European Union (EU) commissioners. Some National Associations (NAs) have incorporated parts of this document in their own statements. Click here to review the document.
- TRSA’s first animation promoting linen in restaurants has been updated with translations and adaptations in different languages for a global impact. Ken Koepper is coordinating from the TRSA side. English (TRSA, TSA and ETSA logo), French (ETSA and Geist logo), German (DTV logo) and Dutch (FBT logo). The second animation on uniforms is now ready.
- TSA-UK has been lobbying on healthcare textiles: The UK National Health Service (NHS) is particularly sensitive to environmental footprint arguments (and guest experience).
- TSA-UK also recently completed a paper on cabinet roller towels in restrooms advocating for why they are a part of the solution.
- Working on a survey on the global impact of COVID-19 on the linen, uniform and facility services industry. Further input from some NAs expected soon, and the group will reassess on the next NA call.
- Textiles being discouraged in restaurants – Robert Long will compile answers from NAs and distribute the information. FBT successful in communicating on TV how hospitality laundries are suffering.
- ETSA social media campaign: “always clean, always there.” NAs invited to follow ETSA social media and repost messages to promote visibility of textile services.
- Extended product responsibility, EU circular economy action plan, collection of used textiles in the EU, fair and sustainable textiles. Many different inter-related aspects that are of importance to all NAs.
The next call is scheduled to take place on June 30 at 15:00 CET. For more information, contact Robert Long at email@example.com.
|Austria||FBÖ – Fachverband der Bekleidungsindustrie Österreichs & FGW Fachverband der Gewerblichen Wäschereien|
|*Belgium||FBT – Fédération Belge de l’Entretien du Textile asbl|
|Czech Republic||APAC – Asociace Prádelen a Čistíren|
|*Denmark||BVT – Branche-foreningen for Vask og Tekstiludlejning|
|*France||GEIST – Groupement des Entreprises Industrielles de Services Textiles|
|Germany||DTV – Deutscher Textilreinigungsverband|
|*Germany||WIRTEX – Wirtschaftsverband Textil Service e.V.|
|*Italy||ASSOSISTEMA – Associazione Sistema Industriale integrato di beni e Servizi Tessili e Medici Affini|
|*Norway||NRV – Norsk Renseri- & Vaskeriforening|
|*Sweden||ST – Sveriges Tvätteriförbund|
|*Switzerland||VTS – Verband Textilpflege Schweiz|
|*United Kingdom||TSA – Textile Services Association|
|*USA||TRSA – The Association for Linen, Uniform and Facility Services|